Sotheby’s Institute master’s degrees in London, New York City, and online combine an in-depth study of art with a powerful set of professional skills to start or enhance a career in the art world. Choose from master’s programs in Art Business, Contemporary Art, Fine and Decorative Art and Design, Historic Art and Design, or Luxury Business.
Five key reasons to take your next step in the art world journey:
- Be part of an educational legacy. With a rich heritage dating back to 1969, Sotheby’s Institute has been a cornerstone in shaping art world professionals, preparing students for dynamic careers in the global art landscape.
- Dive into the center(s) of the art world. Immerse yourself in the vibrant art scenes of London and New York, two of the world’s cultural capitals. Alternatively, join our online MA in Art Business from anywhere in the world and connect with the art world’s pulse remotely.
- Learn from the best. Benefit from direct insights of industry leaders who are experts in their respective fields. Engage with founders of private museums, art foundations, esteemed academics, and specialists from premier auction houses, gaining knowledge from those actively shaping the art world.
- Join a powerful network. Sotheby’s Institute now has more than 8,000 alumni around the globe who hold top positions in all facets of the international art world. Connect with former students who have made their mark in the global art market, holding positions at all levels in major galleries, museums, auction houses, art x tech start-ups, advisory services, foundations, and more.
- Grow beyond the classroom. Visiting major art fairs, museums, collections, and related activities, both local and worldwide, are a vital part of the institute’s programs.
To learn more about our master’s programs, visit sothebysinstitute.com.
Curious to hear more? Join us for our Open Days in London and New York to learn more about our master’s programs.
London (February 15)
Join us in Bedford Square for our London master’s Open Day. This is an opportunity for prospective students to learn about our master’s programs and the institute’s unique academic approach.
New York (March 2)
Join us on our New York campus to hear from faculty and alumni about the institute’s unique curricular approach to the study of art connoisseurship and the international art market, and how art is explored from a range of social, cultural, economic, and object-based perspectives.