NEW: Judge Agrees to 30-Day Delay in Trump NY 'Hush Money' Case



7c4177db f98a 4ce0 b206 f38f6e03aa0a

On Thursday afternoon, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office requested that the date of the “hush money” trial for former President Donald Trump be delayed–after Trump had already made a request for a delay from the judge:

While former President Donald Trump’s legal team has been seeking a delay of the trial in the so-called “hush money” case in light of the Supreme Court’s taking up of the presidential immunity issue, now it’s Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s office requesting that the March 25, 2024 trial date be pushed back. 

The Manhattan district attorney’s office asked on Thursday for a delay to the start of the trial in the hush money case against Donald Trump, citing newly disclosed evidence from the US attorney’s office in Manhattan.


READ MORE: (Updated) Manhattan D.A. Alvin Bragg Agrees to 30-Day Delay of ‘Hush Money’ Trial


Now, Judge Juan Merchan has agreed to the 30-day delay.

via the AP:

NEW YORK (AP) — A judge on Friday delayed former President Donald Trump’s hush-money criminal trial until at least mid-April after his lawyers said they needed more time to sift through a profusion of evidence they only recently obtained from a previous federal investigation into the matter.

Judge Juan Manuel Merchan agreed to a 30-day postponement and scheduled a hearing for March 25 to address questions about the evidence dump. The trial had been slated to start on March 25. It is among four criminal indictments against Trump, the presumptive 2024 Republican presidential nominee.

Trump’s lawyers wanted a 90-day delay, which would’ve pushed the start of the trial into the early summer. Prosecutors said they were OK with a 30-day adjournment “in an abundance of caution and to ensure that defendant has sufficient time to review the new materials.”

This is a developing story. RedState will bring you updates as they become available.





Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top